Call for PhD Clinic Student Registration
Are you a PhD student seeking valuable feedback and guidance on your research work in areas aligned to ICON-2023? We invite you to participate in the PhD Clinic at the ICON 2023 conference, where you can receive expert insights to enhance your research journey.
The PhD Clinic at ICON 2023 is designed to provide a platform for PhD students to interact with accomplished mentors and subject matter experts. This opportunity is open to all PhD students, regardless of ACM membership.
Benefits of Participating:
- Gain valuable feedback and suggestions on your research work.
- Engage in constructive discussions with experienced mentors.
- Explore new possibilities and perspectives for your research.
- Network with peers and experts in your field.
Below we list mentors along with their areas of work and affiliation; if you are interested in getting feedback, and having a discussion with any of them, please register at https://forms.gle/hSNJaQ1d3hi9j8y66 to interact with mentors.
- Prof. Rajeev Sangal, IIIT Hyderabad
Natural language processing, artificial intelligence, machine translation, speech processing.
- Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya, IIT Bombay
NLP, Machine Learning, AI
- Prof. Girish Nath Jha, Chairman, CSTT, MoE, GOI (on deputation from JNU)
Machine Translation. LT resources
- Dr. M Sasikumar, CDAC Mumbai
Machine Translation, Conversational systems
- Dr. Sobha L, AU-KBC Research Centre, MIT Campus
Anaphora Resolution, Syntax, Information Extraction and Machine translation
- Prof. Vasudeva Verma, IIIT Hyderabad
Information retrieval, social media analysis, semantic search, cloud computing and software engineering.
- Dr. Asif Ekbal, IIT Patna
Sentiment and Emotion Analysis, Conversational AI, Multimodal NLP, Machine Translation
- Dr. Radhika Mamidi, IIIT Hyderabad
Sentiment Analysis, Text Classification, Dialog Systems
- Dr. Veena Thenkanidiyoor, NIT, Goa
Speech Processing, Machine Learning
- Dr. Ramprasad Joshi, BITS Pilani, Goa Campus
Semantic Role Labeling, Paninian rammar, Karaka Relations, Computational Linguistics for Indic Languages, QA ystems and ChatBots.
Note: The above list will include more mentors after obtaining their consent.
Tentative Time Slots for Mentor Interaction:
- 8.30 am to 9.15 am on 14th / 15th / 16th / 17th December
- 1.45 pm to 2.30 pm on 15th / 16th December
- 5.30 pm to 6.15 pm on 14th / 15th / 16th December
OR Any other slot as per the availability of the mentor
- Limited slots are available for the PhD Clinic, so register early to secure your slot.
- Registration for the PhD Clinic is separate from the main conference registration.
|Registration opens||September 29, 2023|
|Accepted students' notification|
|Confirmation by students to attend PhD Clinic|
We look forward to seeing you at the ICON 2023 PhD Clinic!